Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Anticipation...

It's a quick top 5 Tuesday list today since I'm trying to get ready to dash off to California for a conference. I'm hoping now that the Holidays are over, I'll have a bit more time to update the blog.  Thanks to those of you have continued to read, comment and email to let me know you're visiting. I truly appreciate your support.

I thought we'd start off the New Year with a list of five of the genre books that I'm most looking forward to in 2011. Most of these don't have covers yet, so no pretty artwork. They are all available for pre-order though, so keep an eye on Amazon.

The Dark Enquiry - Deanna Raybourn - pub date: June 21, 2011
Fifth book in her amazing Julia Grey series. Brisbane is back! Yay!

Cold Vengeance - Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child - pub date: August 2, 2011
Latest in the newly re-energized Agent Pendergast series.  Looks like a good one!

One Was A Soldier - Julia Spencer Fleming - pub date: April 26, 2011
I've been waiting for this one. Seems like forever since the last Clare Fergusson/Russ Van Alstyne book.  

Fallen - Karin Slaughter - pub date: May 31, 2011 
I never know what to expect from Slaughter, but this title is supposed to mingle characters from her Grant County and Atlanta series, so it should be interesting.  

Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart - Sarah Maclean - pub date: May 1, 2011
I have enjoyed this historical romance trilogy by new writer, Maclean, but I'll be happy to finish it up just so I never have to type these silly titles again.

The Dark Enquiry (A Lady Julia Grey Novel)
Cold Vengeance
One Was a Soldier: A Clare Fergusson/Russ Van Alstyne Mystery
Fallen: A Novel
Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart

4 comments:

  1. "The Dark Enquiry - Deanna Raybourn - pub date: June 21, 2011. Fifth book in her amazing Julia Grey series. Brisbane is back! Yay!"

    I just finished "Silent in the sanctuary" (#2 in the series?), which was excellent. I jumped in the middle of the series because that's what my library had. I am now in the odd position of deciding whether to return to the series start or to jump ahead, because, honestly, I'm totally in it for the Brisbane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn log, ate my post! Anyway, I would go on to 3 and 4 then backtrack to the first book, Gin . Brisbane is prominent in all, but the third book is really his story. Isn't he delicious? I cannot wait for The Dark Enquiry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah MacLean's titles are unique and unforgettable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The latest Lady Grey now Brisbane late Victorian mystery (see Silent in the Sanctuary, Silent on the Moor) is a fascinating tale that breaks gender lines for that time and place. The story line starts a bit slow as the heroine pontificates, but once her brother seeks assistance, the plot accelerates into a fast-paced action-packed historical thriller as the case turns deadly. Readers will enjoy the merging of detecting properly as the two sleuths in love work on their dysfunctional professional relationship which impacts their personal relationship.

    ReplyDelete