Saturday, February 19, 2011

What a lovely idea...



Go immediately to the website linked below to listen to gorgeous British actors read from some of my favorite books:

Penguin/Carte Noir Readings

The books include North and South, Persuasion, Sense and Sensibility, Far From the Madding Crowd, and many more interesting titles. The men include Greg Wise, Joseph Fiennes, Dominic West and Dan Stevens.

This is a brilliant idea!  Lovely men, lovely accents, great books!  You can thank me later, go on...

4 comments:

  1. Does that tagline say "for a more seductive coffee break"?

    Well, I never! How shallow! I'm totally in it just for the great literature, the classics, the scholarship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! Me as well. The fact that these are very attractive British guys with sexy accents reading it, has absolutely nothing to do with my enjoyment of this classic literature.;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're missing a few actors, but I'm not complaining about the ones that are there. Love Dan Stevens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping if the site gets good numbers maybe they'll add some more.I have a list of suggestions ready and waiting.

    ReplyDelete