Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Clive Owen!

Just a quick post to wish Happy Birthday to my favorite imaginary boyfriend! Clive Owen has it all.  What does he have to do with books and reading, you ask? He has starred in a number of fabulous and varied literary adaptations and his next film will find him playing Papa Hemingway. And besides all that, his is the image that I use when I need to conjure up a visual representation of most any heroic figure in just about any book!

I have loved Clive in everything from Lorna Doone to Sin City and I think he is the perfect blend of looks, brains and talent.  So Happy Birthday Clive, you remain, absolutely, my favorite romantic hero!!!


SWOON!


And who can forget Clive as Byron in one of the funniest clips ever...

4 comments:

  1. Well, technically, he's not imaginary. IJS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! No, he is not imaginary, but unfortunately, our relationship is. Of course, that may be part of what makes it so successful!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait. I missed Clive Owen's birthday?(well, why should he be any different than anyone else I know). and just so we're clear on this. He's MY imaginary boyfriend. After all, he was the real stand-in for Diccan in Never a Gentleman.
    Besides, I challenge you to know his best movie. Not as an actor. Just as a...reveleation. Close My Eyes. Trust me. You find out whether or not he's Jewish. ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Eileen, we really are spiritual twins! I love Close My Eyes, even with the terribly high skeeve factor. And I am woman enough to admit that Clive's 'revelations' are the reason why. :) And I KNEW he was the model for DIccan. Wouldn't he be fabulous? Now I must know the real life guys behind Harry and Jack. Spill...

    ReplyDelete