Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Cheerful Giver...

Ok, we all know that the best gift one can give, involves your love, heart, time, attention, etc. However, in case those are running in short supply this holiday season and you need a nice alternative, I'm going to use today's top 5 Tuesday list to provide a little help. The holidays are hectic and finding the perfect gift is no easy thing, so here is a list of my top 5 favorite places to buy gifts for book lovers and readers.

The Literary Gift Company
An amazing store based in the UK that sells wonderful gifts for readers! The alphabet scarf above is one of my faves this season.  They ship internationally and quickly.  If you are a book lover and you're expecting a gift from me this year, it will likely be from this place.

The Reader's Catalog
A collaboration between the NY Review of Books and The Little Bookroom, this place offers some really charming gifts for readers, as well as a lot of truly beautiful books. I am currently loving the set of inscribed pencils seen above.

Out of Print Clothing
A very cool site that offers best selling book covers reproduced on t shirts. Wear your love for your favorite author proudly.


The New York Public Library Shop
There is nothing I love more than museum and library shops. You get very cool gifts and support good efforts at the same time.  The NYPL shop is one of the best!

Etsy
Yes, I know there is a lot of um, interesting stuff, on Etsy, but searching for gifts for readers and book related items, brings up many wonderful and unique gift ideas. Be sure and visit a couple of my fave book related vendors, Bookity and He Said Books and Gifts.

So there you have it. I have provided you the means to sit on your sofa, sipping a nice hot cup of tea and still find interesting and unique gifts for all of the book lovers on your list. And remember, if all else fails, you can always get them a Kindle e reader. I am so in love with my Kindle that it is silly. It really is the perfect gift for an avid reader. Thanks to my Kindle, I am reading more than ever!  Flove!

1 comment:

  1. Some great ideas! Thanks for sharing those vendors...that's what I get for being ahead of the game this year. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete