Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's Raining Men...

OK, so far this week has been a killer and it is only Tuesday! Work has been crazy, everybody needs something, and it has been rainy and dreary outside. In fact, things have been so insane, I almost let Top 5 Tuesday slip by without a post.  Horrors!  Since I am mentally exhausted, I'm going to feature a pic heavy topic today.  I'm giving you a list of my top 5 romance novels heroes. Yes, out of all of the millions of romance novels I've read, these are the heroes I'd most like to have step out of the pages and whisk me away to their ancestral home. Narrowing the list down from my original 10 was crazy painful, but I made the rules, so I have to live with them. The pretty pic part of the post pertains (alliteration alert!) to my matching the romance heroes with the men best suited to play them if these fine books were ever filmed.  Enjoy the eye candy folks and, oh yeah, read the books if you haven't.  They are all excellent!

Restell Gardner - If His Kiss Is Wicked - Jo Goodman
Restell has it all.  He is smooth, funny, intelligent and street-smart.  He is a gentle charmer with substance and the kind of guy we all wish we could find.  I think Matthew Macfadyen would be wonderful as Restell.

Oliver Worthy- Marrying the Captain - Carla Kelly
Oliver Worthy has all of the best qualities of an Officer in Her Majesty's navy.  He is brave, strong and true.  He is the best of men and who can resist someone in that uniform.  He could only be played by the great Ciaran Hinds.

Griffin Wright-Jones, The Viscount of Breckinridge- The Price of Desire - Jo Goodman
A little bit tortured, a whole lot of sexy, combined with a sharp mind and an even sharper wit.  Breckinridge should definitely be played by the equally tortured and sexy, Richard Armitage.

Adam Kent, Duke of Ridgeway - The Secret Pearl - Mary Balogh
Dark, sexy, scarred and all that is honorable, even when soliciting a lady of the evening.  My boyfriend, Clive Owen would be perfect in this role.

Jasper, Viscount Vale - To Seduce A Sinner (The Legend of the Four Soldiers) - Elizabeth Hoyt
The wicked Viscount can make you laugh one moment and cry the next.  His world weary demeanor hides a sexy, loving, noble, heart.  He is all that a romance hero should be.  Toby Stephens has the perfect mix of sly humor and sensuality to carry off this character.

So there you have it kids.  Enjoy the pretty!

3 comments:

  1. It doesn't escape me that all of your heroes are non-US centric, my little Anglophile.:0)

    NOT that there's a single thing wrong, or a single wrong man in the bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. In my defense, you know I rarely read romances set in the US and using British actors provides a certain authenticity. Plus, British guys are hot:) IJS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you mean in your defence? ;) I've read one of your top five hero/books. I didn't picture Richard Armitage in the role, but I may have to re-read so I can do that now!

    ReplyDelete